Trying to use the FileRules directive in my conf file

From: Jeff St. Laurent <JStlau(at)not-real.ci.scarborough.me.us>
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:13:24 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use the FileRules dirname directive in my conf file to
further control indexing and I can't quite figure it out.  I want to
exclude all directories (and their subdirectories) whose names contain
'.old' and '.copy'.

Here's what I've tried (and failed, of course):

FileRules direname contains \.(old|copy)$
FileRules direname contains ^\.(old|copy)$
FileRules direname contains \.old (hoping that I could get just one to
work)
FileRules direname contains .old
FileRules direname contains ^\.old$

Each one gives me the same general error:
err: 'FileRules direname' - invalid parameter 'direname'
Bad directive on line #9 of file swish.conf: FileRules direname contains
^\.old$

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Jeff St. Laurent
jstlau@ci.scarborough.me.us