Re: Spider.pl hangs

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:29:45 GMT
At 06:52 AM 11/22/02 -0800, Ander wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I'm indexing one site with the prog option and I'm using spider.pl to
>spidering. Then, there is a URL that fails, (looking it with the browser it
>returns an error ) and the spider hangs (if I do a ps -awf , It appears as
>defunct). How can I avoid/resolve this? Thank you.

Sorry, the coffee is interfering with my ESP.

>From the info provided I can say that the solution is to not index that URL.

If that's not a good option then your other options are to either read the
docs for the spider (perldoc spider.pl) which offer some debugging tips,
or post again paying attention to

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/INSTALL.html#When_posting_please_provide_the_following_information_

For example, you could post the config file you are using and the URL that's
causing the problem.

mailto:moseley@hank.org