How to select all the entries in an index file?

From: Yann <freedoomer(at)not-real.mandragor.org>
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 10:40:26 GMT
Hello everybody.

I'm expecting swish-e to return me all the entries that an index file
might contain, so without any word to search. Swish-e always says "you
must indicate a word to search". I looked in the official documentation,
tried "swish-e -w *", i didn't found how to make this.

I can explain in few words why i want to do that: i've got 2Go of Unix
documentation, and so i'm going to use swish for search in that doc. So,
it is composed with howto 's, man pages, rfcs, etc... So i thought the
best way to index the doc would be to index separately rfc, man etc...

But, in addition to the search engine, i wanted the documentation to be
available without any search, for example "show all rfcs from 250 to 350",
so all entries in 'rfc.index', for example. I could do this with a mysql
table, but the index file already contains all the data i need...

So, is there any way to do what i want?

NB: i'm french, so excuse my maybe 'simple' english :)