how to get a description

From: Wolf, Dena <dena.wolf(at)not-real.orcinc.com>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:33:16 GMT
Two questions; Ive been reading the past archives that deal with this and am
understanding a little but don't know if I am doing this at all right.
My indexing is working and I am getting results now.  Now what I am trying
to do is to get a chunk of the body of the document in the results page that
has say 40 words of the document body in it that includes the search word or
not.

In my config file:
IndexFile index.swish
#MetaNames keywords description
IndexReport 3
FollowSymLinks no
IgnoreTotalWordCountWhenRanking yes
ReplaceRules replace "/export/home/orcsolar/html/" "http://www.orcinc.com/"
ReplaceRules remove "html/"
IgnoreLimit 50 1000
FileRules pathname contains members
IndexComments 0
IndexOnly .html .doc .xls .htm .ppt .txt .pdf
IndexContents HTML* .html .htm
StoreDescription HTML <body> 40
NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg .ps

I added the IndexContents line & the StoreDescription line.  I get a bad
directive error for both of those 2 new lines.  Why? I checked that there is
no space.

Also, in my index command line, how do I add something to make the
description run (assuming i get the indexing to work).
Right now my line says: cgi-bin/swish-e -c cgi-bin/orcsolar/config -i html
-v -f index.swish
Can I put -p swishdescription somewhere in that line?  If so where?

I'm sorry I am having so much trouble trying to get all this to work. Thanks
for your help.

Dena Wolf
Web Developer
Organization Resources Counselors, Inc.