Python Wrapper

From: Stephan Diehl <stephan.diehl(at)not-real.gmx.net>
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 18:40:57 GMT
I'm in the process of writing a python wrapper for swish-e.
swish-e is from CVS (today). Absolutely surprising, I could create a kind of
python module very quickly with the help of swig.
By the way, swish-e.h misses a line
#define IN_FILE_BIT 0
(I guess it should be the Zero)
Now, when doing a search, I get a warning:
Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3.
uncompressed size: 2756 buf_len: -1073745736
(from compress.c, line 719)
Is there a known problem with zlib?
My System is:
Debian testing/unstable kernel 2.2.19pre17 (should do an upgrade :-)
zlib 1.1.4
python 2.2

I guess that there is more to do than just run swig over some headerfile, but
I'd like to get a feeling about what went wrong.

The functions itself seem to work (as in "they are callable and don't crash")

Thanks for your help

Stephan