Re: Index locally, search only on the server

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 15:58:26 GMT
At 07:39 AM 11/07/02 -0800, Roger Lindmark wrote:
>I am a pretty newbie with this. I have Swish-e 2.2.1 compiled and
>functional on my PC. The local files of my site have been indexed so my
>full http:\\adress to the site is included instead of the path to the
>local directory.
>
>I have a free webhost with 20 MB space.The web server does not allow SSI,
>FrontPage, Dreamweaver, own CGI-scripts or ASP.

There's plenty of ISPs that do offer those things at low cost.

>Is it possible for me to upload the index files with sitecopy and be able
>to make a search on them from the web pages on Internet. What script do
>I need for that?

You need a script.  But you say your ISP doesn't allow CGI scripts.

In the example directory is a CGI script that you can use.  You can use the
ReplaceRules config setting to modify the path name when indexing.  Or you
can modify the CGI script to use a regular expression to rewrite the path
when searching.

mailto:moseley@hank.org