Re: pdftotext - erroring out

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:52:46 GMT
At 11:42 AM 10/25/02 -0700, intervolved none wrote:
>I made the change that you suggested in swishspider and in my test program
it works fine.  I checked my webserver (IHS/apache) and there is a file for
the mime types and PDF is listed but there seems to be a problem with it
associating pdf with application/pdf.  I will check on that later.  It does
not cause me problems but I if I install an upgrade it might later break
other things.

Upgrade to your webserver or swish?  Well, I suppose both will break things.

If you fix your web server then you will no longer be able to index pdf
files that way, as the -S http method looks for content-type of text/*.

And if you update swish it will overwrite your edits to swishspider.

mailto:moseley@hank.org