Re: pdftotext - erroring out

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 14:18:30 GMT
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, intervolved none wrote:

> (I hope that this is not double posted.  I sent one email before being "signed up" and have not found my question in the archives.)
>
> I am trying to index pdf files.  I get the following error messages :
>
> Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
>
> Error (202734): Unknown compression method in flate stream

It means your PDF file is damaged.   You can try running with -v3 and see
which file is damaged.

A few days ago I modified pdftoinfo and pdftotext (error.cc IIRC) to abort
on errors and then modified the spider to print out the pdf file name when
it fails to convert.  Future version of xpdf will print out the file name
on error, I've been told.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org