Re: FileRules

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 14:11:01 GMT
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, David THOMAS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> We have a website with 3 languages.
> Some URL looks like :
> http://www.domain.com/fr/index.html, http://www.domain.com/de/index.html,
> http://www.domain.com/en/index.html
>
> What is the better solution to index?

I'm not sure it matters.  I tend to index things all at once and use a
metaname to limit to a section.

But note that if you are using the libxml2 parser it will try to encode
everything into 8859-1.  libxml2 uses UTF-8 internally and swish converts
to 8859-1 before indexing (with sometimes loss of characters.  I hope that
gets fixed at some point soon, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is
yet.

> I tried 3 different config files, one for each languages, and the
> FileRules but it does not work (version 2.2rc1)
> Bad directive on line #174 of file /usr/local/swish-e/conf/user_FR.config:
> FileRules pathname contains (DE|EN)

That's weird.  I don't have any problem with that line in a config file.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org