Re: CGI script to build Swish-E (without command

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 02:49:48 GMT
At 04:16 PM 10/06/02 -0700, SRE wrote:
># here are the commands to unpack
>my @unpack = (
>"cd SourceFolder",
>"rm -rf swish-e-2.2",                      # clean up old dir
>"gzip -d < swish-e-2.2.tar.gz | tar xf -", # unpack tarball
>"chmod 777 swish-e-2.2",                   # open up new dir

You would not want to do chmod 777 on a shared server.

I would want to check the UID of the executing script which I'd hope would
be your UID, which would be the case if you are running in a suexec-type of
CGI environment.  If it's not then it really is time to look for a new ISP. ;)

mailto:moseley@hank.org