Re: period in meta name

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 03:25:49 GMT
At 08:16 PM 10/03/02 -0700, Roy Tennant wrote:
>I have an XML tag that has a period in the name and I think it is
>screwing me up. I want to use it as a meta name and a property, but
>when I do, a simple search of the index that should work (even the
>simplest search imaginable) returns nothing. When I take out the
>metaname and property name (TEI.2), it works again. I couldn't find
>anything in the documentation that specified which characters are not
>allowed in metanames, but it appears that this one is causing me
>trouble. Thoughts?

Can you give more details?

~/swish-e/src > cat c
metanames TEI.2
defaultcontents XML .xml

~/swish-e/src > cat 1.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
<TEI.2>
   hello
</TEI.2>
</page>

~/swish-e/src > ./swish-e -c c -i 1.xml -T indexed_words -v0
    Adding:[1:tei.2(10)]   'hello'   Pos:3  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )

~/swish-e/src > ./swish-e -w TEI.2=hello
# SWISH format: 2.3-dev-02
# Search words: TEI.2=hello
# Removed stopwords:
# Number of hits: 1