Anyone using the C library or SWISH.pm module?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 06:21:30 GMT
Hello,

The current development version of swish now has a modified API for the
swish-e C library.  No docs yet.  This also means the current SWISHE perl
module will not build.  My plan is to write a new object oriented perl
interface -- should make using swish-e via a program easier and less likely
to leak memory.

Is anyone using the SWISHE perl module?

The other day I was running a perl CGI interface with swish-e binary and
getting only about 2 to 3 queries per second and pushing my load average up
high (~20).  Under mod_perl and the C library I was getting more like 35 to
40 queries a second with very normal load averages.

mailto:moseley@hank.org