URL case during multiple index search

From: Trond Nilsen <t.nilsen(at)>
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 00:56:19 GMT
Am I right in assuming that when Swish-E performs a search on multiple indexes
that when the results are merged, they are done so with case sensitivity?

That is, that the two URLs and
would be treated as different, and thus return two separate results.

That's the more standards compliant way, isn't it? I recall that URLs are
normally meant to be case sensitive, so I presume that's what's being done.

So, is there any way to get Swish to ignore case when merging? I'm having
trouble spidering a large site over which I have no editorial control, where
the writers have been lazy and specified pages with both cases. I can solve
the problem with some post-processing, but I figured I'd check first :)

Trond Nilsen                                                   Alchemy Group
Software Engineer