Re: Segementation fault core dump (on merging)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 14:05:20 GMT
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Alex Lyons SercoAssurance-Winfrith Tel01305-202368 FAX01305-202194 wrote:

> Bill & Others,
>
> >If you are merging two files that do not have a date (because the web
> >server doesn't supply one) you still want the newer file -- so how do
> >you pick which is the newer file?
>
> If a filename stored in the index doesn't have a last-modified date, can you use the last-modified date
> if the index itself?  That would mean that the entry in the most recently created index would have
> precedence, which I guess is what most users would want.

Ok, will do.

But this may change if a different database backend is used
or with incremental indexing.  It's safer to make sure that there's a date
if you will need it.  I suppose we could force a last modified data on all
records when created, but I don't really like doing that.  Would want
to flag that date as not a real date.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org