Re: Segementation fault core dump (on merging)

From: Alex Lyons SercoAssurance-Winfrith Tel01305-202368 FAX01305-202194 <alex.lyons(at)not-real.sercoassurance.com>
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 11:04:53 GMT
Bill & Others,

>If you are merging two files that do not have a date (because the web
>server doesn't supply one) you still want the newer file -- so how do
>you pick which is the newer file?

If a filename stored in the index doesn't have a last-modified date, can you use the last-modified date
if the index itself?  That would mean that the entry in the most recently created index would have
precedence, which I guess is what most users would want.

Alex Lyons.

  privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
  disclose such information.
  Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are
  free from viruses.
  Serco Group plc. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2048608
  Registered Office: Dolphin House, Windmill Road,
  Sunbury-on-Thames TW16 7HT, United Kingdom.