Re: Segementation fault core dump

From: Sundaram Balasubramaninan <sundaramb(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 06:21:10 GMT
Dear Bill Moseley
You can access the files at http://backup.accelsgi.com/sw0401.zip  corressponding to april 1st data, http://backup.accelsgi.com/sw0401.zip corresponding to april 2nd data. Config file may be ignored . While indexing individually both of them does the job finely. When we try to merge them, we get core dump. The search of individual index works fine.
After doing individual indexing, we merge them daily to produce a monthly index file comprising 30/31 days index. These commands we are feeding into a shell then thru perl script to achieve the goal. So it is not possible to keep them individually. The aim of indexing individually is that at any point we can restore them if there is any need.
Your valuable advice to sort out this is eagerly awaited.
 Bill Moseley wrote:At 04:09 AM 09/19/02 -0700, Sundaram Balasubramaninan wrote:

>Hi
>
>We are testing with release 2.2 for indexing daily pages of newspaper. we
are able to do one month. when we do for another we get core dump? what is
the problem?

Those are very small indexes. Can you make available the source files and
your config files?

As a work-around can you index everything at one time? People that used to
use merge to help with slow indexing or not enough memory in 2.0.5 can in
many cases simply index everything at one time now.

mailto:moseley@hank.org