Re: Error installing the C library

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 21:27:41 GMT
At 04:21 PM 09/17/02 -0500, Cori Diller wrote:
> ** All tests completed! **
>
>[localhost:~/swish-e-2.2rc1] webstar% sudo su
>Password:
>[localhost:/Users/webstar/swish-e-2.2rc1] root# make install-lib
>cp src/libswish-e.a /usr/local/lib/libswish-e.a
>cp: /usr/local/lib/libswish-e.a: No such file or directory

Oh, maybe /usr/local/lib doesn't exist?

>Still happens. Any idea why I can't su root with my admin password? I can't
>su root on my own computer, either. What am I missing?

My only guess is you are using the wrong password.  Perhaps the admin
account is different than the root account?

Do you need to install the swish-e library?  That's only useful if you are
using the SWISHE.pm perl module or writing a C interface to swish-e.

mailto:moseley@hank.org