Re: Problems with quotes on NT

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 14:16:42 GMT
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Bertus Douma wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using swishe on our intranet of a highschool; but having a strange
> problem: indexing of pdf and doc files doesn't work.
> Whats the case: using catdoc and xpdf the following happens: the
> filename (as parameter passed to the batchfile) does have two quotes at
> each side. So looking for a file called 'filename.pdf' doesnt succeed.
> Also with .doc file is there something wrong because the message Invalid
> argument appears.
> The operational machines uses NT4.0 with Apache/1.3.12 (Win32) and my
> test-site W2K with Apache/1.3.20. Does anyone know a quick fix for it.
> I've tried to substring it (see below) but that doesnt work.

Dave you want to reply to this? ;)

Try specifying in your Filefilter command something like:

FileFilter .pdf pdf2text '"%p %P"'

Check the docs for the correct syntax.

Dave can give details, but I think it is basically that NT's cmd.com
stinks.  Try using a different shell -- bash is a good one.

I don't have NT -- works fine on my Win98 machine -- but Dave has seen
this problem on NT before.

Dave, is it possible that swish doesn't see it's running under NT and
using single quotes?

Do you have a linux machine at your school?

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org