Re: Problems with ISO 8859-1 to UTF-8 Conversion?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 13:49:02 GMT
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Thomas Seifert wrote:

> On Friday 13 September 2002 15:26, you wrote:
> >
> > Can you switch to using the XML2 parser?  This is a problem in the swish-e
> > xml parser -- it's not converting the UTF-8 back to an eight-bit only char
> > set.
> >

> whow, thanks for the quick feedback ;)

No problem.  I have an electric wire connected to my toe -- wakes me up
when email comes in...

> i thought that i've compiled it with libxml2 (From the doc: "Swish will try to
> detect if libxml2 is installed in the standard library locations."). I did
> not use any configure parameters.
> is there any way to find out if i have compiled it with libxml2 or do i have
> to compile it again?

This is the old parser mess.

IndexContents XML .xml  will use the Expat parser (built-in).
IndexContents XML2 .xml uses the libxml2 parser.

(with latest CVS you can say XML*) and it will use the libxml2 if
installed, otherwise expat).

ldd src/swish-e will show if swish is linked with libxml2.  Or you can use
-v3 when indexing and it will say what parser it is using.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org