Re: How does the Search engine for this list

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 02:31:33 GMT
At 07:10 PM 09/06/02 -0700, Paul Borghese wrote:
>Hey Bill,
>
>Thanks for the reply.  Second question.  How does the parsing engine work.
>May I simply write a program that converts, for example:
>
><!-- received="Sun Apr 14 16:08:35 2002 PDT" -->
>
>into a html meta name tag without worry of the context.

I'd parse it into a timestamp.

>So must the meta
>name tag appear in the header?  Or will swish-e recognize the meta tag even
>if it is outside the header?

Yes, as far as I know it can be anyplace and will still parse.  Might as
well place it in the header.

>Also, is there some way to "read" the index to see if the metatags have been
>indexed properly?

Try indexing a test file like this:

   ./swish-e -c config -i test.html -T indexed_words

You can also format as xml if that's any easier.  With the libxml2 parser
you can even use fake tags like <foo>...</foo> in an HTML formatted
document instead of <meta name="foo" content="..."> if you like.

mailto:moseley@hank.org