Re:

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 14:08:47 GMT
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Cristiano Corsani wrote:

> a little question: is it possible to store "somewhere" binary  information
> or text information with "strange char" (i.e., non ISO-8859) to retrive
> them as properties? I tried to pit such info in properties but non ISO-8859
> chars cause problem.

Hi Cristiano,

Are you using the HTML2 (libxml2) parser?  libxml2 converts input into
UTF-8.  Then swish (in parser.c) converts it to ISO-8859-1 for indexing.

What I believe should happen is parser.c should use iconv() and convert to
a character set defined in the config file.

If you want to store a blob of binary data then I think you will have to
store it someplace else (e.g. Berkeley DB table) and store an index to
that data in the property.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org