Date formatting

From: David VanHook <dvanhook(at)not-real.mshanken.com>
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 15:35:18 GMT
I've got a custom PropertyNameDate called date, which I'm substituting for
the swishlastmodified property.  It's searching and displaying properly, but
I'd like to modify the way it is displayed.  I'm wondering how I should go
about re-formatting that date so that it displays more like

Aug 27, 2002

or something like that.  Do I need to do that in the search.tt template?  Or
in the CGI script somehow?  Do I do this on the fly, or should I instead set
up a separate property called DateDisplay which will contain the nicely
formatted date, and show that instead?

Any tips would be appreciated -- especially if anybody else out there has
done this kind of reformatting.

Thanks --

David VanHook