Re: SWISH-E on win32

From: Bertus Douma <BDOUMA(at)not-real.chn.nl>
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 08:36:09 GMT
Hello Michael,

Since nov 2001 I use for our Intranet swishe. The way it works isn't in
a optimal way:
on some very stange reasons indexing of pdf and docs isnt working well
but for the overall I am very happy with it:
I should take some time to fixed the mentioned problems but did not
yet...
How I use it I did described in a doc in dutch: I send it hereby: skip
just the language-stuff and use the rest.

Regards,

Bertus Douma
Webmaster
webmaster@chn.nl
http://www.chn.nl

>>> Michael Shannon <MichaelS@towersoft.com.au> 08/26/02 08:40am >>>
> > I'm a newbie looking for a simple piece of advice.  I'm
> > investigating using SWISH-E on a Win32 platform.
> > What I'd like to know is do I have to install libxml2 on
> > the machine as well?
>
> Win32 self-installers include all of the libraries they
> depend on.  But, you could move the DLLs into the system
> directory if you like.

D'oh!  Since it's a Perl app I didn't think to look for the obvious
Windows
.DLL!  Thanks very much for the quick response.

--
Regards,
Michael Shannon

Chazzozz!!

This email message (and attachments) may contain information
confidential to
TOWER Software.  If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use,
distribute or copy the message or message attachments.  If you are not
the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email
immediately and
delete all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions,
conclusions and
other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to
the
official business of TOWER Software, are not given or endorsed by it.

to a plain text message.