Help with dates

From: David VanHook <dvanhook(at)not-real.mshanken.com>
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 15:19:52 GMT
Wow, just finished installing the latest dev version of SWISH-E -- it's
outstanding.  I'm very impressed.  It's going to do everything we need.

Got a couple of questions about dates, though.  Need to make date range
filtering an option on the search, but not with the swishlastmodified value,
unfortunately.  So I was going to create a metaname called Date which would
look like

<META NAME="date" CONTENT="08/20/2002">

My questions are:

1) Is there a particular format I should be using for these dates in the
metatags, so that I can use swish.cgi to search across the dates?

2) I'm using the swish.cgi which was included with the download -- and the
search page right now is not showing me any of the date range choices.  I'm
looking at it, and I'm not sure whether I need to do something to "turn it
on", or whether maybe I just didn't install the DateRanges.pm module right.
The Highlight modules are all working ok, so I think the install was right,
but I'm not sure.  Or is there some other way I need to turn on the
date_range?  Here's the code from the config section of swish.cgi:

         date_ranges     => {
            property_name   => 'swishlastmodified',      # property name to
limit by

            # what you specify here depends on the DateRanges.pm module.
            time_periods    => [
                'All',
                'Today',
                'Yesterday',