Re: Silly Logic problem w. Meta Tags

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:59:27 GMT
At 09:33 AM 08/15/02 -0700, David VanHook wrote:
>But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to properly search
>across multiple Meta tags.  I'm using the swich-cgi.pl listed on the
>Downloads page.  I'm sure it's something stupid on my part, but any help
>would be appreciated.
>
>This query returns 1 record:
>
>-w "Rose and ContentType=WOD"
>
>This query returns 0 records:
>
>-w "Rose and ContentType=(WOD or QOD)"

I don't have time to look right not, but my guess is that the html.c parser
is so dumb that it's seeing the "Content" in ContentType and thinks that is
the attribute CONTENT="..."

That is you have:

and html.c is seeing it as:

If you are just starting then switch to 2.1-dev and install the libxml2
library so you get a good parser.  2.1-dev still has the old html.c parser,
but I'd strongly recommend using the libxml2 parser (which is specified by
the IndexContents directive).

mailto:moseley@hank.org