segfaults solved on Solaris 2.5 and 2.6

From: Thomas M. Parris <parris(at)not-real.isciences.com>
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 14:07:58 GMT
Dear SWISHers:

With Bill's generous help, I have managed to solve the problem I was having
with segfaults on Solaris 2.5 and 2.6.  The source of the problem was a bad
link to </usr/local/lib/libz.so>.  To fix the problem, I did the following:

1. made sure I was using the Solaris ld (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) instead of the GNU
ld (/usr/local/bin/ld).

2. cleaned all libz's out of /usr/local/lib (rm /usr/local/lib/libz*)

3. rebuilt zlib 1.1.4 as a shared library
	./configure -s (the -s is important)
	./make
	./make test  (they passed)
	./make install

4. rebuilt and installed libxml2
	./configure
	./make
	./make tests (they passed)
	./make install

5. rebuilt and installed swish
	./configure
	./make
	./make test (they passed)
	./make install

With many thanks andbest regards to the SWISH community,
Tom
Thomas M. Parris
Research Scientist & Executive Director, Boston Office
ISCIENCES, LLC
685 Centre Street, Suite 207
Jamaica Plain, MA  02130
voice: 617.524.8041          http://www.isciences.com/