Re: Indexing PHP files using HTTP access method

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 13:39:35 GMT
At 01:47 AM 08/13/02 -0700, Sheni R. Meledath wrote:
>We have installed SWISH-E on our server. There were some issues while
>indexing PHP files using File System access method. Now I am was trying to
>index the files using HTTP access method.
>
>The command I have used is:
>  ./swish-e -S "http" -c siteindex.conf
>
>The following message returned and it stopped.
>Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
>/usr/home/myserver/usr/local/swish-e/src/swishspider: not found

You have:

>SpiderDirectory /usr/home/uaetoday/usr/local/swish-e/src/

Is that a valid path?

So if swishspider is in that directory then it's likely that the shebang
(the first #! line) is not pointing to the location of your perl binary
installed on your system.

I'd also recommend setting Delay very small so it doesn't take a very long
time to index your files.

mailto:moseley@hank.org