RE: vsnprintf on Solaris 2.5

From: Thomas M. Parris <parris(at)not-real.isciences.com>
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 22:23:32 GMT
> Hi Tom,
>
> Obvious question is did you compile everything with the same compiler?
> I've been caught with that on Solaris before, IIRC.

--> yup.  all compiled today with the same version of gcc

> Next step is try indexing the same data on another machine and see if
> there's some odd content that might be causing the problem.

--> the data indexes fine on my linux box (where I developed all of this
stuff).

> Then it's off to gdb land and fetch a back trace after the
> segfault and try
> and see what's blowing up.

--> I was afraid you would say that.  I think I'll see if I get the same
problem on a more recent version of Solaris.  If not, I'll just have to wait
for our new machine to come on line.

Many thanks,
Tom