RE: vsnprintf on Solaris 2.5

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 22:02:48 GMT
At 05:25 PM 08/12/02 -0400, Thomas M. Parris wrote:
>OK.  I took the vsnprintf.c from the cvs repository and rebuilt.  But I
>still get segfaults.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Tom,

Obvious question is did you compile everything with the same compiler?
I've been caught with that on Solaris before, IIRC.

Next step is try indexing the same data on another machine and see if
there's some odd content that might be causing the problem.

Then it's off to gdb land and fetch a back trace after the segfault and try
and see what's blowing up.

I'm a gdb + printf kind of debugger.  I'm sure that's the slow way...

Good luck,

mailto:moseley@hank.org