Re: feature request: Wildcard at the beginning

From: Alex Lyons SercoAssurance-Winfrith Tel01305-202368 FAX01305-202194 <ajlyons(at)not-real.sercoassurance.com>
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 07:59:39 GMT
Dear SWISH-E list,

>>In german - and I guess in many other languages too - you have a lot
>>of compound words (is that the right term?), something like
>>"Stackenblokkenquiz", and people want to find that when only looking
>>for 'quiz'.
>>
>>Wouldn't it be possible to to "just" (heh!) index reversed words and
>>then also reverse the left-masked words in the query? Somthing like
>>this, you get the idea....

You really need a compound word parser and/or a regex index lookup.
Reversed words in the index won't help if you want to look for "blokken"
or "*blokken*".

Alex.

  privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
  disclose such information.
  Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are
  free from viruses.
  Serco Group plc. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2048608
  Registered Office: Dolphin House, Windmill Road,
  Sunbury-on-Thames TW16 7HT, United Kingdom.