Re: feature request: Wildcard at the beginning of a

From: Bernhard Weisshuhn <bkw(at)not-real.weisshuhn.de>
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 15:18:24 GMT
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 07:22:22AM -0700, Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> >That's how I do it now. I have a preprocessor in perl that creates
> >monstrous ORed querys for this. But it's butt ugly and I always feel
> >like I'm abusing our wonderfull little swish-e...
>
> Oh, so you might be combining your query for partial part numbers with some
> other query?  That does make it a bit more trouble.

It's even worse. Since I'm not only dealing with part numbers, but
fulltext, I save the output of `swish -k *` after indexing and use that to
construct whatever monster-query is necessary.

Somebody already suggested using a seperate swish-e index for the whole
content reversed with -prog. One still would have to pretty much duplicate
the query-parser to sort out which index to search for what and how to
merge/intersect the results from both queries to preserve the logic,
though.

> Might be nice to have an option to write an extra wildcard index with the
> words reversed, with perhaps a list of metanames that are indexed this way
> to fine tune the index size.

Sounds like a pretty cool way to handle this, imho.

thanks for your suggestions & keep up the good work!
bkw