Re: HTML vs. HTML2

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 20:28:49 GMT
At 11:23 AM 08/01/02 -0700, Don Fike wrote:
>Doing indexing with HTML2 I get fewer words indexed than with HTML.
>Isn't HTML2 the recommended parser?  Is there a known reason for the

Yes, they are different parsers.

I've recommended this before, but build both indexes, then do something like

  ./swish-e -f index1 -T INDEX_WORDS_ONLY | sort > index1.words
  ./swish-e -f index2 -T INDEX_WORDS_ONLY | sort > index2.words
  diff index1.words index2.words

Then use swish to lookup the files of the words that don't match.  You will
likely find why the HTML2 parser is better (or rather where HTML parser is

Bill Moseley