Re: Bug?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 19:25:41 GMT
At 08:12 AM 07/31/02 -0700, Nikolay Raspopov wrote:
> Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
> Indexing "//umbrella/archive"
> Warning: Invalid path '//umbrella/archive': No such file or directory
>
>But when I specify "IndexDir //umbrella/archive/updates" in config file,
>Swish successfully index it:
>
> Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
> Indexing "//umbrella/archive/updates"
> Checking dir "//umbrella/archive/updates"...
>   vbrun60.exe - Using HTML parser -  (46 words)
>
>Whats wrong?

You might check the archives, but I think Dave Norris was dealing with this
problem at one point.  IIRC, stat is not working correctly under Windows
with regard to UNC paths, but I don't remember the details.  Seems that the
stat() checks for a share name under windows says it's neither a file or a
directory.

I tested the same code as used in swish (see file.c) with Perl and it
worked, so perhaps there's a work-around used in Perl that could be applied
to swish.  I'll look into it.

I don't have a windows compiler so I can't really test.

mailto:moseley@hank.org