Re: memory problem

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 18:07:29 GMT
On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 07:09, Sheni R. Meledath wrote:
> "Swish: Ran out of memory Couldn't allocate more".
> any limit in number of files to use with SWISH-E or any requirements
> regarding server softwares/hardwares. Could you please check and let me know.

It's mostly limited by physical RAM.  Without specifics I would guess
that you have either very large, complex files or very little RAM.  You
may also be indexing more than you need in the documents.  There are
numerous options to control what is indexed within the documents.

Which operating system and hardware?  How much physical RAM?

> Any suggestions regarding this issue are also welcome.

Can you try a current 2.1-dev snapshot?  The compression is better and
the "-e" option should drastically limit your RAM usage (at the expense
of a little speed).

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/