memory problem

From: Sheni R. Meledath <sheni(at)not-real.cyber-gear.com>
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:09:59 GMT
Hello:

We are facing some problems while using SWISH-E on our web site. There are
about 2300 pages in our web site. The version we were using was SWISH-E
1.3. The problem is we can't index all the files at a time. It is showing
an error message after indexing some of the files - "Swish: Ran out of
memory Couldn't allocate more". Before it was working fine when there were
fewer number of files (200 - 600).

Today we tried installing the new version of SWISH-E (2.0.5). After
installation the same problem is occurring again while indexing. Is there
any limit in number of files to use with SWISH-E or any requirements
regarding server softwares/hardwares. Could you please check and let me know.

Any suggestions regarding this issue are also welcome.

Regards
Sheni R Meledath
sheni@cyber-gear.com