RE: Questions re Swish-E and Search Results

From: Hall.Liz <HALL11(at)not-real.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 22:16:22 GMT
I am a newbie to Swish-E and was wondering if someone could clarify a point for
me.
When a user types in a term such as "gene" (for example)in the search box, a
list of urls are returned and there might be a description with "gene"
highlighted. However, when you click on the link to the file or web page, it
seems as though you are always taken to the top of the page and not to the place
in the file where the word "gene" is located. Is there any way to do this? Is
there a way to configure Swish-E to go to the point in the page where it found
the search term?  I understand you could have anchors in the page, but this is
not really practical for the type of web page I wish to index (since it is a
list of journals/databases).

Any insight you could provide would be most appreciated :>

Liz