Limiting indexing

From: Sutherland, Paul <Paul.Sutherland(at)not-real.ccc.govt.nz>
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 05:52:11 GMT
Hi

I am doing some exploration of Swish-E and have a question (that I couldn't
find an answer to in the documentation)

I want to only index certain directories on a server.

e.g. http://something.com/foo & http://somthing.com/bar but not the rest of
the site

using the following from the comand line (W2K, Swish-E 2.1-dev-25)

swish-e -S http -i http://something.com/foo http://somthing.com/bar

will follow and index other directories if either has a link to another
directory

The server is not mine so I don't have ability to use robots.txt or meta
noindex tags

I know that in tools such as MS Siteserver you can add a rule that says

     index http://something.com/foo
     index http://somthing.com/bar
     but no index http://something.com/

which will achieve what i desire

Is there a way to do this with Swish-e?

thanks in advance

/paul

Paul Sutherland                           mailto:Paul.Sutherland@ccc.govt.nz
IT Librarian
Christchurch City Libraries
Aotearoa/New Zealand                 http://library.christchurch.org.nz/

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz