Re: Older scripts working with swish dev ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:18:54 GMT
At 08:17 AM 06/28/02 -0700, Andrew Lord wrote:
>A number of the changes we have discussed have been integrated into the
>script (dictionary.cgi, shown below) and while previously I had believed it
>to be working correctly, I hadn't realised that the script now accesses only
> a generic/default index ('index.swish') located in the same directory as the
> script itself (ie in cgi-bin).

Right.  You need to pass in the list of index files into makewordlist().

But, do not use data from the web form directly in the call to swish:

>sub makewordlist {
..
..
>    open( $fh, "$swish -k $letter|" ) or
>        die "Failed to run '$swish -k $letter': $!";

That open call passes the command through the shell.  So you do not want
any thing unsafe passed there.

So make sure that every index passed in is a valid index file:

  my @valid_indexes = qw/ index1 index2 index3 index4 /;

  for my $index_file ( @index_files_passed_from_form ) {
      die "bad index file '$index_file'"
          unless grep { $_ eq $index_file } @valid_indexes;
  }

I didn't look very long but I didn't really understand how you are getting
your list of OK index files.  Anyway, here's a few comments.

@sections = glob("$swishdir/*.conf");
foreach $section (@sections){
	open CONF,$section;
	while(<CONF>){
		if (/^IndexFile\s(.*)$/){

IndexFile may be spelled indexfile.

Your match pattern of (.*) means that it can match nothing.  I'd think you
would want to be more specific like ([a-zA-Z0-9.]+).  If there might be
quotes then need to strip those, too, but I'd have to see what the input
data can look like first.

			$indexfile = $1;
			$parts{$indexfile} = $1;

I don't get this:  $parts{index1} = 'index1';  why assign a hash value the
same as its key?

		}
		if (/^IndexName\s(.*)$/){
			$indexname = $1;
			$indexname =~ s/"//g;
	 		$parts{$indexfile} = $indexname;

Where's $indexfile defined?  You assuming that it was set on a previous
line in the config file.  It's not required to be in that order in swish
config files.

		# ReplaceRules should no longer be quoted for this to work
		s|["']||g; # if they still are they're trimmed
		if( m|ReplaceRules\sreplace\s(\S*)\s(\S*)|i){
					$replace{$2} = $1;
			}

What's the use of the above?

mailto:moseley@hank.org