Re: DLL and license

From: Patrik Hrkút <hrkut(at)not-real.kst.fri.utc.sk>
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 13:33:35 GMT
I studied the GPL (and the FAQs) and the LGPL too. If I understand well,
the main
difference between them is following:
Applications (libraries) under LPGL can be included (called from) a
proprietary code, while libraries
under GPL not (without publishing the whole application).
Am I right ?
Is Swish-e published under GPL or LGPL ?
If  we develop a DLL, of course it will be accessible under GPL/LGLP.

P.S.: Why we can't share our code to community ? Unfortunately, it
doesn't depend on me.
You know, you get a problem to solve (the best with as little cost as
possible), but I can't dictate,
if our software can be released under GPL (altough I think, our software
is nothing special and secret,
 it is quite small application).