Re: MetaNamesRank ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 14:07:11 GMT
At 12:46 AM 06/11/02 -0700, Claus Rasmussen wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>Any ideas if/when subj. will be implemented? This is probably the feature
>that could tip me over to your side :o)

How's you C programming skills?   It's a ways down my todo list, and I'm
also short on free right now.  It might not be too hard to code.  Take a
look at rank.c.

At one point I poked around trying to find, perhaps, a student looking for
a project.  Swish-e's ranking could use an overhaul.  It's seems reasonably
functional for small sets of files, but could probably be better.

Also, I wanted to bias a metaname in on index so all I did was write a
small wrapper program to use with -S prog that wrapped the text I wanted to
rank higher in <h1> tags and adjusted the <h> rank in config.h.

mailto:moseley@hank.org