zlib.h file missing

From: Esther Lau <esther3lau(at)>
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 17:01:56 GMT
I am trying to install the swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-06-06 version.  When I do make, I am getting the following error:   I was looking for the zlib.h file in my /src directory, but didn't see it.  Do I need that file?  Or is there something wrong in the makefile?
gcc -Wall - pedantic -DHAVE-CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.1-dev-25\" -Iwxpat/xmltok -Iwxpat/xmlparse -g -O2 -c -o parse_conffile.o parse_conffile.c
parse_conffile.c:62: zlib.h: No such file or directory
***Error exit code 1
***Error exit code 1
  Jody Cleveland <> wrote:
Hello again,

> Frequently Asked Questions
> How do I change the way the output looks?

Thanks for the tip! You know, I was searching the online documentation, and
forgot about the doc at the end of the script.

Ok, I'm playing with the and was able to make some minor
changes. A big one I wanted to change was the header from:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

$logo$title $message

-to:-" name=author>

href="" title="blue">

href="" title="alpine">

When I do this and run a search in my browser, I get this error:
Software Error
Please check error log

Any ideas? Have I used "illegal" items in the file?

Thanks again for your patience, and your help.

Do You Yahoo!?

to a plain text message.