Re: How to install Perl Packages?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 20:26:04 GMT
At 01:15 PM 06/06/02 -0700, Jody Cleveland wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've got Windows 2000 with IIS 5 and Perl 5.6.1.
>
>When I run swish.cgi from a command prompt, it mentions errors regarding
>dateranges.pm. I've got the Perl Package Manager that came with Activestate
>Perl. How do I install these packages for Swish-E?

DateRanges.pm is included in the example/modules directory of the swish-e
distribution.  In the swish.cgi perldoc swish.cgi) step one has you copy
the entire modules directory.  It's an example using unix shell commands,
but I suppose in Windows is a drag-n-drop king of thing.

If you don't want to use that feature (limiting searches by a date range)
you can edit the swish.cgi script and change:

       date_ranges     => {

       Xdate_ranges     => {

which should disable that feature (since "date_ranges" is not longer defined).

mailto:moseley@hank.org