Re: <pre> bug?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 13:09:51 GMT
At 03:19 AM 06/01/02 -0700, David L Norris wrote:
><pre> is cdata, right?  Did we ever figure out how/when to index cdata?

In parser.c I have:

    SAXHandler->characters     = (charactersSAXFunc)&char_hndl;
    SAXHandler->cdataBlock     = (charactersSAXFunc)&char_hndl;

so cdata is indexed.

>I'm indexing a bunch of mail texts with the message body wrapped with
>  StoreDescription HTML2 <pre> 128

Good timing.  I fixed a bug in parser.c yesterday that seems to have fixed
that problem.  What I was fixing was where StoreDescription <foo> 100
wasn't seeing:

The code to enable storedescription was skipped for those type of meta tags.

Argh.  Looks like I broke something else in that fix, though.

You should be able to "emulate" StoreDescription like:

  PropertyNamesMaxLength 128 swishdescription
  PropertyNameAlias swishdescription pre

But that's not working for HTML tags after my "fix" yesterday.   I'll check

Bill Moseley