Swish C search library: free resources

From: Cristiano Corsani <cristiano.corsani(at)not-real.bncf.firenze.sbn.it>
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 10:44:03 GMT
Hi all,

I use swish C library to sarch on swish-e index. I have some prblem on
closing connection. my steps are:

1 - open a connection by sw = SwishOpen(...) the returns a "SWISH* sw" pointer;
2 - launch a search by SwishSearch(sw, ...);
3 - retrive information by res = SwishNext(sw, ...), that returns a "struct
result* res" pointer;
4 - retrive property by prop = getResultPropValue(sw, res, ...), that
returns a "PropValue* prop" pointer and repeat 3 - 4 till I need;
5 - free the memory allocated by SwishNext (efree(res)) and
getResultPropValue (efree(prop)) on point 3;
6 - Close the connection by SwishClose(sw, ...).

Sometimes it crashs. I have some doubts on point 5, probably
SwishClose(...) frees the memory allocated for sw and for res and for prop.
But I'm not sure. If I don't do the point 5 all works, but I am not sure
that SwishClose(...) frees correctly all the memory allocated. Can anyone
give me the answer? Does SwishClose(...) frees all that is needed to be
released?

Thanks, hopeing that my english could be readable.
Cristiano

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220
mailto:cristiano.corsani@bncf.firenze.sbn.it