Re: swish-e-2.1-dev-25

From: Esther Lau <esther3lau(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 18:27:29 GMT
I dont' have gdb compiled on my server, I am trying to get the Unix guys here to do that right now.  Is there another way that i can troubleshoot this in the meantime?
Thanks.
Esther
  Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote: At 09:39 AM 05/15/02 -0700, Esther Lau wrote:
>In the swish-e-2.1-dev-25 version of swish-e, I have installed/compiled
>the code. However, when i do the "make test" part, I get stuck at the
>"Creating index" part.
>
>Do you know how I should go about troubleshooting that problem? I am
>compiling this on Linux, ia64.

There's code that I'm rewriting today that deals with sorting that is not
64 bit friendly. I'd expect you to see that it was stopping while sorting,
though.

What would be helpful is if you can run swish with gdb. When it hangs you
can hit control-c and then type "bt" to get a backtrace. Post what gdb
prints out.

It will look something like this:

~/swish-e/src>gdb swish
(gdb) run -i test.html