Re: make error - undefined symbol vsnprint

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 22:14:21 GMT
At 01:51 PM 05/13/02 -0700, Don wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am using;
>
>swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-05-13
>
>on
>
>SunOS 5.5.1 Generic_103640-37 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

I thought 5.6 was old? ;)

>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>vsnprintf                           libswish-e.a(error.o)

Looks like you need to install a library that includes snprintf.  I'm not
sure if there's an official way to do that with Sun, of if you can just
grab one and build it.  On sunos 5.6 I see the function is available.

This came up a few days ago where adding -ldb added vsnprintf function.
The swish distribution contain the code which is uses when building for
VMS.  Swish's configure script needs to check for that function and build
the library if needed, I suppose.  Any autoconf experts around?

mailto:moseley@hank.org