HTTP Crawler

From: Hsiao Ketung Contr 61 CS/SCBN <KETUNG.HSIAO(at)not-real.LOSANGELES.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 22:43:56 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to get swish-e HTTP crawler working for the last 2 days.
The HTTP crawler works if the IndexDir  is set to a URL on my own server
where I'm running the swish-e.

It's when I set the IndexDir to URL other than my own server that I get
"no word indexes"  type of output.
( I'm trying to search our intranet using swish-e on our internset server.
  I'm having problem compiling swish-e on our intranet due to gcc
installation)

I've searching and reading discussions on http://swish-e.org/Discussion/ and
couldn't find similar problem.

Also,  I have to modify the Perl script in cgi-bin to make the HTTP crawler
result
show up correclty. I have to add this line:
$url =~ s/http\:\/\/www\.losangeles\.af\.mil\///;
	into  the while loop in
	sub search_parse.

I hope someone can shed some light on this strange problem that I can't
understand.