Mod_perl and Swish-e conflict

From: David Vermooten <david(at)not-real.ink.org>
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 14:11:32 GMT
I am experiencing a problem with a swish-e search implemented in an area
of my server designated to run under mod_perl.  Although a search I have
implemented is running perfectly under standard perl/CGI, it produces a
Segmentation Fault:
    [Tue Apr 30 08:19:30 2002] [notice] child pid 20270 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
whenever a search is run.

The problem appears to occur at the point that the module calls
"SwishSearch" which is implemented in the code SWISHE.c.  If the string
is passed in which indicates that it should sort by relevance (i.e. '' -
a null string enclosed by single quotes) it seg-faults right there.  If
I put any value into the $sort string though (i.e. 'title asc' or even '
') it consistantly provides the results that there are 0 results
applicable and then it almost instantly seg-faults when it hits the call
to SwishNext.

As I said before, the identical cgi and module appear to function
perfectly producing accurate results under your basic everyday version
of perl.

Any suggestions will be welcome

David Vermooten
david@ink.org