merging indexes with stop words

From: Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan(at)not-real.infomotions.com>
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 17:34:05 GMT
I am having problems merging indexes with stop words.

I have created two index using the stop words features. I merge these
indexes (Merge #1), and everything works just fine. I then created two
more indexes. I merge them together (Merge #2), and everything works
just fine. But when I try to merge Merge #1 and Merge #2, I get the
following error:

   err: Header WordCharacters in index 1020014164-2.idx doesn't match
output header

On the other hand, if I created my original indexes without stop words,
then I am able to merge Merge #1 and Merge #2.

Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
http://www.infomotions.com/