Re: Re: Long command line

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 16:38:13 GMT
At 11:17 AM 04/16/02 -0500, David L Norris wrote:
>On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 09:53, Bill Moseley wrote:
>> There must be a way to exec a program under windows without passing
>> commands through the shell.
>
>I wonder if system() respects the SHELL environment variable.  That
>might be something to test.  I'll have a look.

system() should use the shell.

Maybe check out

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Perl/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/site/lib
/Win32/Process.html although that still seems to take a single argument as
the arguments, so that may be the same problem.

It would be nice if swish could read commands from a file.  Some day.  CGI
scripts would need to create unique files, of course, when calling swish.
I assume that's possible.

Running a Linux web server is so much easier, and cheaper.   Then there's
security.... but I won't go down that path today ;)

mailto:moseley@hank.org